Mike's Chinese Hot And Sour Soup.
You can cook Mike's Chinese Hot And Sour Soup using 27 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mike's Chinese Hot And Sour Soup
- It’s of ● For The Hot & Sour Soup.
- It’s 5 Cups of Chicken Or Beef Stock.
- It’s 1 1/2 Cups of Precooked Shreaded Chicken, Beef Or Pork [packed].
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Bamboo Shoots [drained – thin sliced].
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Water Chestnuts [drained – minced].
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Shiitake Mushrooms [small chop – or, white & brown].
- Prepare 6 oz of Firm Tofu [1/2" chop].
- Prepare 2 tsp of Fine Minced Fresh Ginger.
- Prepare 1 of [or 2 – your call] LG Eggs [beaten].
- It’s 2 tbsp of Rice Wine Vinegar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of Sriracha Chile Sauce.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Brown Sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of Sesame Seed Oil.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Chinese 5 Spice.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Red Pepper Flakes.
- It’s of ● For The Thickener.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Corn Starch + 2 tbs Water [more if you want her more viscous].
- Prepare of ● For The Sides & Garnishments.
- It’s as needed of Fresh Chives [minced].
- You need as needed of Fresh Cilantro Leaves.
- Prepare as needed of Thai Chilies [fine minced – optional].
- Prepare as needed of Crispy Chow Mein Noodles.
- It’s as needed of Soy Sauce.
- You need as needed of Chile Sauce.
- You need of ● For The Options.
- It’s 1/8 Cup of Dried Roasted Nori [aka dried seaweed – rough chopped].
Mike's Chinese Hot And Sour Soup step by step
- Chop your veggies. Heat everything in the Hot & Sour Soup section for 20 minutes. Stir regularly. At 20 minutes in, add your whisked egg[s] and stir constantly until eggs are fully cooked. Then, while soup is at a steady simmer, add your corn starch and water mixture slowly. She'll thicken up quickly as she bubbles away. Add more corn starch and water if you'd like her a bit thicker. ● P.S., this is the actual color of soup below. The kiddos somehow ended up taking darker faced photos upon down lighting with the other pictures..
- Brown, white, oyster or Shiitake mushrooms really do make this dish! Your choice! Just dice!.
- For The Sides & Garnishments. Thai Chilies, fresh Cilantro leaves and chopped Chives..
- Dried Roasted Nori. To taste. Definitely consider this addition!.
- Fresh crunchy Chow Mein Noodles are always a must atop this flavorful dish!.
- Top view..
- Serve Hot & Sour Soup with the fresh garnishments listed. Especially the fresh Cilantro. It really does make the dish! Serve soup piping hot with fresh, crunchy Chow Mein Noodles and Soy Sauce. Enjoy!.