Chinese style walnut cookie. Chinese Walnut Cookies (核桃酥) – These Chinese-style walnut cookies feature a crispy and crumbly texture and heavenly walnut aroma. Most of the traditional Chinese desserts are quite different from the ones that I encountered in the US, like these walnut cookies. Chinese Walnut Cookies are straight from my mom's childhood.
It looks similar to the chinese walnut. Chinese walnut cookie (核桃酥)is a popular dessert for both kids and parents. We use 桃酥 to describe any crunchy cookies. You can have Chinese style walnut cookie using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chinese style walnut cookie
- It’s 1 cup of flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/3 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1/4 of walnut pieces.
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder.
There are several different varieties of Chinese walnut cookie. But they share lots of similarities. This is a super easy recipe only needing a few steps. Greet Chinese New Year (or any holiday) with homemade hup toh soh (Chinese walnut cookies), and my recipe uses walnut and sesame seed for extra nuttiness.
Chinese style walnut cookie instructions
- Pre-heat oven to 360, pre-toast walnuts in a dry pan with no oil on low heat.
- After walnut becomes fragrant turn off heat and cut into small pieces.
- Whisk oil, 1/4 egg and sugar in a mixing bowl. Save the rest of the egg batter for later..
- Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda and sift to a mixing bowl; then put in the walnut pieces and combine well..
- Pour #4 into #3, mix well and make dough, the dough should be a little moist..
- Divide into 12 small balls, and press down on the baking sheet..
- Brush generous amount of egg on top of cookies, cover the sides as well.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until top is golden yellow..
Ingredients to prepare hup toh soh (Chinese walnut cookies). Any holiday is a great excuse to bake a mountain of cookies, and. Try this simple recipe for traditional holiday Chinese walnut cookies that are easy to make and sure to delight everyone. This incredibly easy recipe for Chinese Walnut Cookies is sure to delight anyone you serve them too, whether for Chinese New Year, as an alternative to standard Christmas cookie. The Best Chinese Cookies Recipes on Yummly