Chinese BBQ pork/ Char Siu.
You can cook Chinese BBQ pork/ Char Siu using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chinese BBQ pork/ Char Siu
- It’s 450 g of Pork belly 1.5 inch stripes/pork butt 1 inch thick.
- It’s 1 tbsp of maltose.
- You need of Marinade:.
- Prepare 1 inch of cube red fermented tofu,mashed.
- It’s 5 tbsps of sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsps of oyster sauce / vegetarian stir-fry sauce.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1/2 tbsps of dark soya sauce /2 tbsps soya sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Shao xing wine.
- Prepare 1 package of char siu seasoning mix.
Chinese BBQ pork/ Char Siu instructions
- Tenderize pork with a turkey lifter fork. Mix all marinade ingredients together then put on pork. Put pork into a zipper bag or a container and let it marinade overnight in refrigerator..
- Preheat oven to 375C. Put water in roasting pan. Remove pork from fridge and arrange on a wire rack inside roasting pan. Bake for 30 minutes then turn it oven and bake for another 30 minutes..
- Meanwhile, add maltose to marinade. Simmer marinade until it turn glossy and thick. Set aside.
- Bast thickened sauce on pork, bake for 10 minutes in order to get a nice caramelisation and char. Turn pork and bast other side, bake for 10 minutes to get even char on both sides. Remove from oven and rest for 10 minutes before slicing..