You Tiao / Chinese Donut / Cakwe [Vegan-Friendly]. Irish beef casserole mashed potatoes irish pub salad pickled beets soda bread sea foam salad Or rainbow fruit Baileys cheese cake April sroasted Greek vegetables salad baklava Toasted pita… This homemade Chinese doughnut is vegan-friendly and only involves a few basic ingredients. It has a variety of names such as you tiao in Chinese, cakwe. Homemade You Tiao (Chinese Donuts) are crispy on the surface, extra airy, fluffy, and tender inside.
Our you tiao recipe is easy to make and hard to beat. These Chinese crullers are really good alone when made fresh with some dipping sauce made with some soy sauce, hot chili oil and a splash of vinegar. Make light and airy Chinese you tiao with this easy fool-proof recipe (No ammonia is used). You can cook You Tiao / Chinese Donut / Cakwe [Vegan-Friendly] using 7 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of You Tiao / Chinese Donut / Cakwe [Vegan-Friendly]
- Prepare 260 g (2 cups) of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 10 g (2 tsp) of baking powder.
- It’s 1.25 g (1/4 tsp) of baking soda.
- It’s 3 g (1/2 tsp) of salt.
- It’s 8 g (2 tsp) of granulated white sugar.
- It’s 10 ml (2 tsp) of flavorless vegetable oil/cooking oil.
- You need 150 ml (1/2 cup) of + 2 tbsp) water.
If Chinese doughnut sticks are part of your food nostalgia too, I hope my recipe is exactly what you are looking for. For those who are new to this delectable I think you are talking about a speciality from Henan province (河南). It's called You Tiao Guan Ji Dan (油条灌鸡蛋) , literally meaning doughnut. Mung Bean Cake (Mung Bean Paste).
You Tiao / Chinese Donut / Cakwe [Vegan-Friendly] step by step
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Then make a well in the center..
- Add oil and water into the center. Using a wooden spoon or chopstick, stir everything to combine thoroughly..
- Once the liquid is absorbed, start kneading with your hand for about 1 minute. The dough will be a little dry, but it should form a ball..
- Leave the dough in the bowl and cover it with a plastic wrap or damp cloth. Let sit for 30 minutes..
- Knead the dough for another 5 minutes. Then coat the ball of dough with cooking oil so it does not dry out. Cover again and let sit at room temperature for 4 hours or in the fridge overnight..
- If you stored it overnight, leave it out on the counter for 1-2 hours until it gets to room temperature. Then transfer it onto a lightly floured surface..
- Flour your hands and the dough if it feels sticky. Divide the dough into two equal pieces. Then roll each to a long log..
- With a rolling pin, flatten each log into a rectangle of about ¼-inch thick..
- With a knife or bench scraper, cut them into ¾-inch wide strips..
- Preheat enough cooking oil in a pot or deep skillet to 400°F or 200°C..
- Place one identical dough strip over another. Lightly flour them if sticky. Then use a wooden skewer or thin chopstick to press down the middle lengthwise. With one good press, it should be to make an indentation on both sides of the dough..
- When the oil is ready, gently pull the two ends of each piece to stretch it to about 4 times its original length. Place in the oil and start turning it around with tongs or a chopstick after 3 seconds. This constant turning will allow the dough to puff easily and evenly. Fry until it is golden brown..
- Repeat with the rest and remember to cover any uncooked dough with a damp cloth or plastic wrap so it does not dry out..
Buy Krispy Kreme donut and cheap coffee. This Chinese donuts looks really delicious, I do love to taste this one… Paul Wilson Aesthetics. Lizzy- EXACTLY!!! when i mess up then i get so frustrated! and end up making chocolate cake and eating the whole thing. Chinese donut with sriracha chocolate dip. The pieces of 'Chinese donut' floating in the soup are tasty little treasures. savory soy milk savory soy milk soup soup chinese donut you tiao shanghai house.