Chinese Stew Beef. This Chinese beef stew is an easy make-ahead recipe that requires little prep and you'll have delicious dinners for the next couple of days. Freezer and meal-prep friendly. Gluten-Free adaptable. Chinese beef stew recipe (柱侯蘿蔔炆牛腩) is the Cantonese style cuisine by serve with noodles and rice.
This Chinese Beef Brisket Stew with Beef Tendon & Daikon (Chinese: 柱侯蘿蔔牛筋腩) is yet another classic Cantonese favorite! It's not only a staple you'd find in Chinese restaurants, "Beef Brisket. Beef brisket, peanut oil, hoisin sauce, shaoxing wine, soy sauce, tamari, garlic, star anise, sichuan peppercorns, chinese five spice powder, sugar, water, daikon (chinese icicle radish). You can cook Chinese Stew Beef using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chinese Stew Beef
- It’s 400 g of leg steak.
- It’s 4-5 of anise.
- Prepare 60 ml of light soy sauce.
- Prepare 80 ml of rice wine or cooking wine.
- It’s 1 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 3 of sliced ginger.
- You need 4 of spring onion, only white part.
- You need 1 tbsp of Chinese prickly ash.
- Prepare 1 of cinnamon.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of broad bean paste.
- You need 4 of boiled egg.
- It’s of Chinese noodle.
Asian Beef Stew – Chinese stew with beef and vegetables. This slow-cooked beef stew recipe is comforting, delicious and so easy to make! How to cook Chinese Beef Stew. In a deep heavy-duty pot, heat the oil and fry the cinnamon sticks, star anise, ginger, and garlic.
Chinese Stew Beef instructions
- Cut the leg steak into one bite size.
- Stir fry the anise, ginger, spring onion, Chinese prickly ash, cinnamon and broad bean paste until all the smell come out.
- Add the leg steak and keep stir fry until the beef is slight brown outside.
- Add soy sauce and cooking wine, salt, sugar, then add hot water until cover all the beef, stew for 1h.
- Add boiled egg, keep stewing for 30 minute.
- Serve it with cooked noodles and spring onion on the top and enjoy!.
This classic Chinese dish braises beef brisket with ginger, star anise, garlic, and chu hou, a paste made Game plan: This stew can also be made in a slow cooker. In effect, this is Chinese beef stew. Game meats or goat meat may be substituted for the beef for a delicious and unusual variation. Oxtails can also be braised in this manner, or even veal shanks. What do you serve with Instant Pot Chinese Beef Stew?