Salsa chicken enchiladas my way. These Salsa Chicken Enchiladas have been on my mind for quite some time, and since Cinco de Mayo is coming up soon, I decided it was about time I made and shared them with I knew I wanted chicken to be my starring protein for the enchiladas, but I also needed the filling to be more satisfying. Pour remaining salsa mixture over enchiladas; sprinkle evenly with queso fresco and chili powder. I recommend that everyone try the chicken broth step at least once–it does not take very long and it goes a long way to making this a great dish.
Enchiladas are not a cheesy, creamy dish. All it is is a warmed up corn tortilla filled up with shredded boiled chicken and covered with a light mexican tomato or tomatillo salsa (just tomato/tomatillo, onion, peppers,salt and pepper to taste, boiled and blended. This recipe is so quick and easy, and I always receive a ton of compliments. You can cook Salsa chicken enchiladas my way using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Salsa chicken enchiladas my way
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- You need 1/4 block of cream cheese softened.
- Prepare 1 cup of mild salsa or red enchilada sauce.
- It’s 1 (4 oz) of can diced green chiles.
- It’s 4 cups of taco cheese blend.
- It’s 1 pack of McCormick fajita seasoning mix.
- It’s of salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- It’s of Vegetable or olive oil.
- Prepare 4 of chicken breasts.
- You need 3 cups of mild verda salsa.
- It’s 1/2 cup of corn (optional).
- It’s 1/2 cup of black beans rinsed and drained (optional).
- You need 14 of mission flour tortillas soft taco size.
- Prepare of Dried Cilantro.
- You need of Extra Sour cream or salsa for topping.
Perfect on salads, bowls, tacos, burritos and more. We LOVE making this salsa chicken because it's SO easy to make and you can use it for SO many different recipes! We use it for rice bowls, salads. These Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas are made with a creamy and delicious filling, and smothered with cheese.
Salsa chicken enchiladas my way step by step
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat chicken in a little oil and coat in fajita seasoning, little salt, pepper and garlic powder and bake or air fry till done and dice up.
- Heat and lightly brown each tortilla in a dry hot skillet for 10 to 15 seconds on each side and stack and wrap up in foil.
- Spray two 13×9 inch baking dishes with cooking oil and add 1/2 cup salsa verda to the bottom of eash dish.
- Mix 1/2 cup sour cream, 1 cup salsa or red enchilada sauce, 1/4 block cream cheese and green chiles..
- Mix in chicken and 1 cup of cheese. At this time if you want add in black beans and corn.
- Fill tortillas with filling about 1/3 cup filling and roll up and.
- Place seem side down and pour on 1 cup of salsa verda on top and spread out and sprinkle on 1 1/2 cups of cheese on each dish lightly sprinkle on cilantro.
- Bake uncovered for 35 minutes.
- Top with sour cream and a little salsa if wanted and enjoy !.
They will kick any Mexican food craving! And these are extra special because they're Creamy Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas. If you're looking for Carrie, you can find her over on my. And it's all baked in one pan for easy clean up! This baked salsa chicken is one-pot, baked, and so easy to whip up for a weeknight dinner.