Mexican street corn pasta. That's what Mexican street corn is, after all-grilled corn topped with a zesty chile-lime spread and sprinkled with cheese. Just be prepared to get lots of requests for the recipe! This Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad is one of my all time favorite meals (salads?) to hit the blog.
Mexican street corn (Elotes) is grilled corn on the cob, covered in a creamy chili lime dressing and cotija cheese. This pasta salad is a deconstructed version of traditional Mexican street corn, with a few tricks to get that smoky, grilled flavor without having to actually grill anything! How to make Mexican street corn pasta salad. You can have Mexican street corn pasta using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mexican street corn pasta
- Prepare 4 of cobs of corn grilled and cut (or one can of corn).
- Prepare 1 lb of pasta cooked and drained.
- It’s 1 cup of pasta water (for sauce).
- Prepare 1 cup of heavy or lite cream.
- It’s 1 can of a cooked veggies (optional- I used green beans).
- It’s of Grilled chicken or ground turkey cooked (optional).
- You need of Chopped fresh parsley.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 2 handfuls of Queso fresco crumbled.
- It’s of Sprinkle of pepper flakes.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
Cook your pasta al dente; rinse with cool water and drain well. Once everything is ready, toss together. The first time I ever tried Mexican street corn, it was love at first taste. The combination of sweet grilled corn, tart Mexican crema, crumbly Cotija cheese, and spices got my taste So I started thinking about what I could add to the street corn to bulk it up, and it hit me – this needs to become a pasta salad!
Mexican street corn pasta instructions
- Boil pasta and set aside. Grill corn and cut up..
- Add heavy cream and some pasta water to pan. Heat through and added the 2 cheeses, veggies, pasta, and seasoning..
- Add chicken and anything else you would want..
Delicious vegetarian Street Corn Pasta Salad with sweet corn, red bell pepper, avocado, creamy goat cheese and a super addicting cilantro pesto. This easy corn pasta salad recipe is not only delicious but is also a great way to use up your summer corn. Street corn just became a potluck favorite in this simple pasta salad. Here's our take on Mexican street corn pasta salad…. This street corn pasta salad has everything you could want: sweetness from the corn, saltiness from the bacon, creaminess from the dressing, brightness from the lime juice and spiciness from the jalapeño, chili and cayenne pepper.