Potato and chorizo tacos. Douglas Cullen, This blog generates income via ads and affiliate links which earn us a small commission. Enjoy these taco stand style potato and chorizo tacos topped with salsa verde. They are salty, greasy and spicy, and that is a good thing, a very good thing.
It's a very straight-forward process to get there, but it. Potato and Chorizo Tacos. by Roberto Santibañez. Put the chorizo in a cold, large, heavy pan or cast-iron skillet and set it over medium-high heat. You can have Potato and chorizo tacos using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Potato and chorizo tacos
- Prepare .75-1 lb of chorizo(my recipe or yours).
- You need 1 of white onion (1/2 cup finely diced and onion chopped the rest for service).
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of gold potato petite diced.
- Prepare to taste of Ancho.
- It’s to taste of cumin.
- Prepare to taste of smoked paprika.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
Mexican chorizo and potatoes on homemade flour tortillas and fresh tomatillo salsa verde. Add the chorizo-potato mixture to the skillets and press into an even layer. Chorizo and Potato Tacos. by: Julia Turshen. This taco filling has all of the familiar and gratifying appeal of really good corned beef hash.
Potato and chorizo tacos instructions
- Start by adding some evo to a pan and heat. Add the chorizo and cook until cooked through and crumbling.
- Add the onions and potatoes and add another glug of oil and season by dusting the top with ancho, cumin, paprika, garlic powder followed by a few pinches of salt and cook until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the chorizo back in with a some fresh cilantro and cook for an additional 5 minutes, taste for salt. Serve with accoutrements like white onion, tomatoes, cotija cheese, avocado, cilantro and spicy crema..
Boiling the potatoes before crisping them in the skillet might seem like an annoying step that dirties an extra pot, but it's the best way to make sure they're tender. Cook, stirring frequently and breaking up. If you can't find it, you can substitute regular American breakfast sausage. These quick and easy breakfast tacos with chorizo, potato hash, and eggs are ridiculously flavorful and the perfect meal any time of day. I grew up eating chorizo and egg tacos for breakfast but my sister is recently allergic to egg so this recipe pleases everyone in our family.