You can have Egg Tart using 12 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Egg Tart
- You need of 🥚 Crust.
- It’s 130 g (1 cup) of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 84 (6 tbsp) of cold unsalted butter, cubed.
- You need 34 g (5 tbsp) of powdered or icing sugar.
- You need 1 of egg yolk.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need of 🥚 Filling.
- It’s 40 g (3 tbsp) of granulated white sugar.
- It’s 75 ml (5 tbsp) of hot water.
- It’s 45 ml (3 tbsp) of milk.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract.
Egg Tart instructions
- To make the crust: In a medium bowl, place flour, sugar, salt, and butter. Rub the butter into the dry mixture with our fingers until it resembles a coarse meal. Alternatively, we can use a fork or pastry blender..
- Add the yolk and mix until it comes together and forms a ball..
- Transfer onto a cling wrap. Cover and chill it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes..
- To make custard filling: In a small bowl, stir sugar with hot water until completely dissolved. Set it aside to cool..
- In a medium pouring jar, whisk the milk, egg, and vanilla extract until thoroughly mixed. Add the sugar syrup and whisk again to combine..
- To get a smooth custard, strain the mixture twice. First into another bowl, then back into the pouring jar..
- Assembly: On a lightly floured surface, roll the chilled dough into a thickness of 3/4-inch (0.5 cm)..
- Using the same size cookie cutter as the tart mold, cut as many circles as possible from the dough. I used 2¾-inches (7 cm) tart mold and cookie cutter..
- Gently press each cut-out into the tart molds..
- Prick the bottom of each tart shell with a fork for about 10 times. These holes will allow steam to release from the dough while baking and prevent it from puffing up..
- Pour the custard filling into the tart shell. Fill each up to 75%..
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of custard can stand on its own. If the custard filling cooks too quickly and bubbles up, open the oven door a little for about 10 seconds..
- Remove tartlets from the shells once cool. Enjoy!.