You can have Mapo Tofu using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mapo Tofu
- Prepare 2 of gloves garlic minced.
- Prepare 1 inch of ginger minced.
- Prepare 2 of scallions sliced.
- It’s 14 oz of soft tofu cubed.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of canola oil.
- You need 1/2 pound of ground pork.
- Prepare of Ingredients for sauce.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of tobanjan.
- Prepare 1.5 tablespoons of gochujang.
- You need 2 tablespoons of mirin.
- You need 1 tablespoon of miso.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of sesame oil.
- You need 1 teaspoon of corn starch.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of water.
Mapo Tofu step by step
- Combine all ingredients for sauce.
- Heat oil on medium high heat and add garlic and ginger. Cook until fragrant.
- Add ground pork and cook until no pink meat remains. Add sauce and stir thoroughly.
- When sauce is boiling, add tofu and stir to coat. Add green onion and remove from pan.
- Best served over short grain Japanese rice.