Wonton Noodle (Salmon Version). This Malaysian wonton noodles (wantan mee) tastes so good! Wonton noodles are made of egg noodles. This dish is a popular noodle dish in Asia and many Chinese Hong In this version, the wonton noodles are tossed with a dark sauce and topped with boiled wontons or fried wontons.
You may also find the soup version of wonton noodles in Malaysia. Here is a home made wonton noodle soup with vegetables and prawn to nourish my poor brain. Simple chinese food will always have my. You can have Wonton Noodle (Salmon Version) using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Wonton Noodle (Salmon Version)
- It’s of Seasoning for the Noodle.
- It’s 1 of tspn light soy sauce.
- It’s 3/4 of tspn dark soy sauce.
- It’s 3/4 of tspn sweet soy sauce.
- It’s 1 of tspn garlic oil (see below).
- It’s 1/2 of tspn sesame oil.
- Prepare of Noodles Dip Ingriedients.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 of tspn chicken stock (THICK).
- Prepare 2 of tspn soy sauce.
- It’s to taste of Pepper.
- You need 1/2 tbs of corn starch to make it thick.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- You need of Other ingriedients.
- You need of Wonton Noodle 1 roll from the pack for one serving. Or as needed.
- You need 1 of Bok Choy.
- It’s 1 of Salmon fillet.
In my hometown Medan, wonton noodles are usually served in soup, though there is dry version with a soup on the side, but usually not tossed in soy sauce or any dark sauce, usually only lard and fried lard bits. This is the wonton noodles I use. Feel free to use your favorite brand if you've found one. Wonton noodle soup is one of the few dishes I set very high standards for, almost to the point of obsession.
Wonton Noodle (Salmon Version) step by step
- To make garlic oil just fry 4 clove of garlic until crispy on 2 tbsp oil. Set aside.
- Steam the Salmon with the bok choy. Feel free to add seasoning on salmon. I only added pepper. As most of the flavours comes from the noodles mix..
- Heat up 1 cup water, add all the noodle dip ingriedients and dilute well..
- In another bowl add in all the noodle seasoning..
- Now in hot water dip the wonton noodle then alternatively dip it into the noodle dip. Once you find the noodle is cooked well. Stir it together with the noodle seasoning. Plate it and ready to eat..
And I rarely visit wonton noodle stands outside of Hong Kong and Guangzhou, for fear of getting inferior versions. This wonton noodle soup recipe is comforting as it is authentic. Cantonese Wonton Noodle Soup is such a basic, no-brainer bowl of noodles that you'll find at most Cantonese restaurants. But if you're not near a Chinatown or Cantonese place, you'll definitely want to give it a try at home. A comprehensive guide to making wonton and wonton soup.