Meat Floss Bun [Tangzhong Method].
You can cook Meat Floss Bun [Tangzhong Method] using 18 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Meat Floss Bun [Tangzhong Method]
- Prepare of Tangzhong / water roux.
- It’s 20 g (2 tbsp) of bread flour or high-protein flour.
- Prepare 60 ml (1/4 cup) of water.
- It’s 60 ml (1/4 cup) of milk.
- It’s of Bread dough.
- You need 350 g (2 1/2 cup) of bread flour or high-protein flour.
- It’s 50 g (1/4 cup) of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 6 g (2 tsp) of instant yeast.
- It’s 6 g (1 tsp) of table salt.
- It’s 120 ml (1/2 cup) of milk, warm.
- It’s 1 of whole egg, room temperature.
- It’s 28 g (2 tbsp) of unsalted butter, room temperature.
- You need 33-66 g of (4-8 tbsp) bread flour, add-on.
- Prepare of Filling.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 4 tsp of sweetened condensed milk.
- You need 2 tsp of corn syrup or honey.
- Prepare of pork floss / chicken floss / beef floss / fish floss.
Meat Floss Bun [Tangzhong Method] step by step
- Tangzhong: with a wooden spoon, mix flour, water, and milk in a pan until there is no lump. Cook over medium-low heat and keep stirring to prevent sticking and burning. Remove from heat when the mixture gets thicker (some lines will show as we stir). Set aside to cool..
- Bread dough: In a stand-mixer's bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Add milk, egg, and room temperature tangzhong. Mix everything until combined with a dough hook attachment. Scrape the sides and bottoms of bowl with a silicone spatula as needed..
- When it starts to become a dough, add cubed butter in. The dough will become moist and sticky. So gradually add more flour until the dough feels less sticky to the touch. Mix for about 8 minutes or so. The finished dough should be smooth, elastic, and not sticky..
- Round up the dough and place in an oil-greased and large bowl. Cover with a damp cloth or plastic wrap. Let sit for 1 hour or until doubled in size..
- After the dough is doubled in size, punch it down to release the gas inside. Transfer onto work surface and divide into 8 equal pieces..
- Roll each into a ball and place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Cover and let rise until doubled in size..
- Brush each with an egg wash (lightly beaten egg). Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (180°C) for 18-20 minutes. Then set aside on a cooling rack..
- Filling: Stir everything until combined except the meat floss..
- Version 1: Slice the bun to make a hamburger. Spread the filling on the inside. Put enough meat floss on the bottom half of bun. Then cover with the top half and enjoy..
- Version 2: Brush the filling onto the bun. Put enough meat floss to cover the top, then enjoy. I prefer to assemble them right before serving as the filling needs to be chilled in the fridge if not eaten on the same day..