Chinese Pepper Steak.
You can have Chinese Pepper Steak using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chinese Pepper Steak
- You need 2 lb of Chuck steak.
- Prepare 1 of Red pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Yellow pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Green pepper.
- Prepare 3 medium of onions.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Ground ginger.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of Cornstarch.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- It’s 2/3 cup of Soy sauce.
Chinese Pepper Steak step by step
- Slice meat against the grain in 1 inch strips.
- Heat a large frying pan over high heat, when pan is hot add oil. When oil heats add beef, garlic powder and ground ginger and stir occassionally.
- While meat is searing, chop bell peppers into strips and cut onions in half and then slices.
- When meat has browned,(after cooking 10 – 15 mins) add chopped peppers and onions, stir and cover with a lid.
- Cook covered for approximately 15 minutes until peppers start to wilt and onions start to become translucent..
- Mix together soy sauce, sugar and cornstarch. Stir well and pour in frying pan, stir well and allow to come to a rapid boil for 2 – 3 minutes uncovered.
- Serve over hot rice.