Lemon chicken (chinese style). Chinese lemon chicken recipe features Chinese fried chicken coated in a sweet and tangy lemon sauce. It's one of my most popular Chinese chicken dishes along with Sweet and Sour Chicken, Orange Chicken and Bourbon Chicken. Chinese Lemon Chicken is a Chinese food favorite and one of my go to's because the sauce is so easy to make and has such a great sweet and sour flavor without needing all the red food coloring.
This Chinese lemon chicken is crispy battered chicken breast pieces smothered in a sweet and tangy lemon sauce. The first step to making Chinese lemon chicken is to batter and fry your chicken pieces. I use chunks of boneless skinless chicken breasts, but chicken thighs will also work just fine. You can cook Lemon chicken (chinese style) using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lemon chicken (chinese style)
- You need of MARINATE.
- You need 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 pinch of of salt.
- Prepare of BATTER.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of water..
- It’s 1 pinch of of salt.
- Prepare 1 pinch of of pepper.
- It’s 3/4 cup of corn flour.
- You need of SAUCE.
- It’s 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 3/4 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 1 tbsp of corn flour.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 3 slice of lemon.
- It’s 1 of yellow food coloring (optional).
- You need of MAIN INGREDIENT.
- Prepare 2 of skinless, boneless chicken breast (cut into cubes).
This is my newly developed Chinese lemon chicken recipe that has been well tested. The goal is to create a method with chicken that is crispy even after doused with the sauce, and the outstanding lemon flavor lingers on your palate. Lemon Chicken – easy and crispy chicken with tangy and sweet lemon sauce. This Chinese lemon chicken recipe is much better than takeouts and takes Lemon chicken recipe – Crispy fried chicken with zesty and citrusy lemon sauce.
Lemon chicken (chinese style) instructions
- Marinate chicken with soy sauce and salt for 30mins..
- Mix all the ingredients for batter. If too runny, add some more corn flour. Mix it so that it will coat the chicken nicely.
- Coat the chicken into the batter and fry it until golden brown. Don't overcook. Strain the oil, put it on top of kitchen paper. Wipe it if you hate oily food..
- For the sauce (you can make the sauce 1st while waiting for the chicken) : Melt butter under low heat. Pour chicken broth in..
- When boiling, add lemon juice and sugar..
- Dissolve corn flour with some water, pour inside sauce. Stir until it thicken. Add lemon slices and yellow food coloring (optional). Remove pan from heat..
- Serve with rice and stir fry veggies..
Healthy, delicious, quick, and easy recipe to make at home. Lemon chicken is the name of several dishes found in cuisines around the world which include chicken and lemon. In Canadian Chinese cuisine it usually consists of pieces of chicken meat that. Add chicken and toss until coated. Bite-sized, pan fried gluten free lemon chicken with an easy tart and sweet sauce that will make it easy to ditch the take out!