Deep Fried “Cakwe” (Chinese Crullers).
You can cook Deep Fried “Cakwe” (Chinese Crullers) using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Deep Fried “Cakwe” (Chinese Crullers)
- You need 11/2 cup of purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1 tsp of yeast.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- You need 250 ml of lukewarm water.
- You need of Oil for frying.
Deep Fried “Cakwe” (Chinese Crullers) instructions
- In a small bowl Mx sugar, yeast, and lukewarm water. Let it sit in about 10-15 minutes..
- In a mixing bowl or stand mixer add all dry ingredients and oil. Knead has and a low speed while adding the yeast mixtures little by little until the dough comes together and pulled away from the side of the bowl. Then transfer into greased bowl and cover with a plastic wraps. Let it rise for about an hour or until doubled in size..
- Lightly flour the work surface and turn out the dough on to it. Using rolling pin, rolling the dough into flat rectangle about 1/3-inch thick and 2 inches wide. Cut into 10 strips. Pick one strip and place it on top another strip (5 strips) and cut them again in half. So I have 10 pieces of mini cakwe.
- Using chopsticks and lay on top of these double strips, then press down. Repeat with remaining strips..
- Heat oil for deep frying. When the oil heated turned down the heat at low heat. Hold the two ends of the double dough and stretched it to make it little longer..
- Drop the dough into hot oil, using chopsticks or tong turn dough on both sides and continue frying until it turn golden brown and expands. Take off from the heat and place it on the paper towels. And repeat the same way for the rest of the dough. Then the cakwe is ready to serve. Enjoy!.