CHINESE DUMPLING SOUP (MEE HUN KUEH). Mee Hoon Kueh is one of my favourite childhood dishes. The ingredients are easily available and it does not take long to prepare the dish! Of course, it's not the best mee hoon kueh but this is how I remembered to be.
Contains：Dry Mee Hun Kueh，spicy sauce，Vinegar & seasoning pack Above price is for one pack. Home-made Mee Hoon Kueh, silky soft flat bro. Home-made Mee Hoon Kueh, silky soft flat broad noodles, cooked in an ikan bilis and yellow bean based soup. You can have CHINESE DUMPLING SOUP (MEE HUN KUEH) using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of CHINESE DUMPLING SOUP (MEE HUN KUEH)
- Prepare of plain smooth dumpling.
- You need 3 cup of flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare of water for smoothing the dumpling.
- It’s 1 of plate of water.
- Prepare of garnish.
- You need 1 bunch of fried dry anchovies.
- It’s 1 bunch of Choy sum.
- Prepare of soup.
- Prepare 1 of pot of chicken stock.
- You need 1 dash of light soy sauce and pepper.
- It’s of dry chili sauce mixture.
- Prepare 1 tsp of shallot oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of light soy sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of dark soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of oil Chili sauce of your choice.
We used mani cai for our version as it matches so well with the sweetness from the soup. Chinese soup dumplings, sometimes also referred to as Shanghai Soup Dumplings, xiaolongbao, tang bao, or "soupy buns" (as it is hilariously translated on some menus), are a steamed dumpling consisting of a paper thin wrapper enveloping a seasoned pork filling and hot, flavorful soup. Four Chinese dumpling sauce recipes from northern to southern China. You won't go wrong with any of them!
CHINESE DUMPLING SOUP (MEE HUN KUEH) step by step
- Mix flour with water add bit by bit till flour is till dough is soft.water might not use finish set aside cover with cloth for half hour to rest.
- Bring pot of stock to a boil then simmer down, Pull a hanful of dough then with one wet hand pull thinly dumpling dough and put into pot of stock (** This way the dumpling will be smooth and slippery **).
- Add seasoning and gently stir dumpling once or twice so that soup will clear off heat and serve top garnish.
Let's take dumplings as an example. The dumplings that I've been eating growing up are northern style dumplings. You usually see this dumpling sauce when eating soup dumplings. Mee Hoon means wheat flour in Hokkien language, the Mee Hoon Kueh is comfort food to many Asian people in Southeast Asia, especially Malaysia and Singapore. Inspired by Bon Appetit's May issue featuring Xiao Long Bao and deliciously elegant Kuidaore, I decided to try making XLB for the first time.