Baked Pork Belly In Chinese BBQ Sauce. Combine hoisin sauce, soy sauce, wine, honey, sugar, garlic, colouring (if using) and spice powder in a shallow bowl. Pour half of the sauce into a jug and reserve for later. Marinate soft pork bone or skinless pork belly with the sauce overnight or can bake immediately.
Fill baking dish with enough melted pork fat or lard to cover the pork belly by ½ inch. This sauce is a perfect marinade. Not only can you use it to prepare meat for grilling, but also to marinate smaller pieces of meat for stir frying. You can have Baked Pork Belly In Chinese BBQ Sauce using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Baked Pork Belly In Chinese BBQ Sauce
- It’s 18 pieces of pork belly without skin or soft pork bone (optional).
- Prepare of glaze.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of honey.
- You need of sauce for pork or spare rib.
- It’s 2 cup of DIY or store bought ready to used chinese bbq sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Chinese white wine.
- It’s 1 tbsp of hoisin sauce or any bbq sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of light soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sugar or maltose or gula melaka.
- It’s 1 tsp of pepper powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of dark soy sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of water.
You can experiment with the Chinese BBQ sauce in your favorite dishes such as baked beans or baked potatoes, replacing the traditional BBQ. A whole pork belly benefits from being cooked low and slow, which makes it a prime candidate for indirect cooking on the barbecue, resulting in a delicious smoky flavour and soft, tender meat that literally falls apart. When buying pork belly, think about how many you wish to feed. A whole, large pork belly will feed around ten people, but the pieces available in the supermarkets are.
Baked Pork Belly In Chinese BBQ Sauce instructions
- CHINESE BBQ SAUCE DIY,,mix all ingredient 1 bowl first.
- Marinate soft pork bone or skinless pork belly with the sauce overnight or can bake immediately.
- Bake 200 c for 1 hour with top cover with foil then, flip it over then add Another bowl of sauce and mix well again then bake for another 1 hour.
- Brush honey on surface and broil for another 10 minute till it’s sticky and lightly char.
- Enjoying Char Siew Soft Pork Bone With Plain White Rice.
For the best flavor, it's typically best to select a whole pork belly with nearly equal amounts of fat and meat. Pork belly has the highest amount of fat of any primal pork cut, though the majority are either good monosaturated fats or saturated fats, which should be limited in a healthy diet. Pork belly is also a good source of protein, vitamins, and minerals. The best crackling in the world with juicy seasoned flesh, no one does crispy pork belly like the Chinese. And this is how they make it. (It's easy!)Chinese Crispy Pork Belly recipe.