Chinese Chilli Oil.
You can cook Chinese Chilli Oil using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chinese Chilli Oil
- You need of Dry chilli.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Garlic.
- You need of Shallot.
- It’s of Fresh chilli.
- Prepare of Bay leaves, star anise, cinnamon stick, Chinese peppercorn.
- Prepare of Vegetable oil.
Chinese Chilli Oil instructions
- Fry dried chilies till crispy in a dry wok. Roughly chop it up. You may choose to have some powdered up to form different textures in the chilli sauce..
- Add fresh chilli, chopped garlic and shallots to the top of the dried chilli. Don't stir! The boiling hot oil will burn the dried chilli. This step is to cook these wet items..
- Add the dry condiments into the cold oil and start heating till the oil is smoking hot. Simmer till infused. Make sure you don't burn them..
- Use a strainer and remove the all from the oil. If you like to bite into the peppercorn, you may leave some inside. Make sure the oil comes back to a boil..
- Pour half of the oil directly into the heatproof bowl of chilli in two batches. Make sure all the garlic and onion is well cooked. Be careful! The oil will bubble up!.
- Stir well. Continue to pour in the oil, the oil will be slightly cooler now for the dried chilli. But it will still be very hot! See the bubbles at the top! Season with salt to taste..
- This chilli is great for boiled noodles, dumplings, grilled eggplants etc..
- Note. You may add in white sesame seeds for added flavor. As they burn fast, recommend to be added below the garlic layers.