Chinese Brocoli In Oyster Sauce Top Shallot. Steamed Chinese Broccoli (called Gai Lan) drizzled with a fabulous garlic ginger Oyster Sauce. Despite what you may read in other recipes Real "restaurant style" Chinese Broccoli with Oyster Sauce is NOT just oyster sauce (despite what you will read in many recipes claiming it is that simple!). Chinese broccoli is a leafy vegetable with broad flat leaves and fat stems.
How To Make Gai Lan (Chinese Broccoli). Top Tips For This Gai Lan Recipe. Old Chinese broccoli is very bitter and stringy. You can cook Chinese Brocoli In Oyster Sauce Top Shallot using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chinese Brocoli In Oyster Sauce Top Shallot
- You need 2 cup of chinese brocoli or kai lan or gai lan.
- You need of SHALLOT IN OIL.
- It’s 2 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 6 small of thinly slice shallot.
- Prepare of OYSTER SAUCE.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of light soy sauce.
It's very easy to tell whether or not the gai lan is too old! Although this dish is called 'Chinese Broccoli with Oyster Sauce', it takes more than just oyster sauce to make it delicious. It is the combination of fresh veggies, oyster sauce, fried garlic/shallot oil and the crispy garlic/shallots pieces tossed together that makes this healthy vegetable dish so. The fresh crisp Chinese broccoli is drizzled with a sizzling oyster sauce with a sweet savory flavor.
Chinese Brocoli In Oyster Sauce Top Shallot instructions
- PREPARE BLANCH CHINESE BROCOLI.
- bring water to a boil then simmer put chinese brocoli stem submerge for 1 minute then chinese brocoli leaf submerge for another half minute then drain and set aside.
- FOR CRISPY SHALLOT ,in pan with oil add slice shallot for 1 minute till lightly brown and fragrant then aset aside.
- FOR THE OYSTER SAUCE ,with half tsp of oil in pan add light soy sauce and oyster sauce immediately stir to mix and off heat.
- to serve top heated up oyster sauce on chinese brocoli then top shallot.
- BELOW,ARE FEW RECIPES USING OYSTER SAUCE ,I AM GLAD TO SHARE WITH YOU.
Plenty of fresh ginger and garlic are added so that the pungent herby aroma is noticeable from far away. You will be amazed that a dish could be this simple yet so full of flavor. Chinese Broccoli with Oyster Sauce is a common dish that you'll find in a lot of Chinese homes or restaurants. If you've ever been to a dim sum place, this is often one of the The main flavor agent here is the oyster sauce, which…doesn't taste like oysters. But it's a really great topping for the veg.