Siu Haau Chinese BBQ Sauce.
You can cook Siu Haau Chinese BBQ Sauce using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Siu Haau Chinese BBQ Sauce
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Asian light soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of hoisin sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of dry sherry.
- You need 6 tbsp of granulated white sugar or palm sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of minced garlic.
- You need 1/2 cup of honey.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of chinese five spice.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of water.
Siu Haau Chinese BBQ Sauce step by step
- Whisk all ingredients together in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a gentle boil, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat and simmer until all the sugar has dissolved and the sauce is just beginning to thicken..
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature, you should end up with about 1 cup of sauce. Note: mixture will thicken after cooling, it should be still a little runny when you remove from heat..
- You can refrigerate in a sealed bottle.