Steamed egg water, typical chinese side dish. Warm water works best for Chinese steamed eggs. Chinese steamed eggs doesn't need sophisticated seasoning to impress your palate. Exactly like how my mum serves this dish, I only add a little light soy sauce and sesame oil, then cut through the curd several times to let the sauce penetrate.
It is sometimes referred to as egg custard on menus. Chinese Syle Steamed Egg – Smooth andSilky textured steamed egg is a perfect side dish along with Steamed white rice! Steamed egg is one of those Chinese comfort foods that you can never go wrong with. You can have Steamed egg water, typical chinese side dish using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Steamed egg water, typical chinese side dish
- You need 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 100 ml of warm water.
- You need 3/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1/2 piece of optional garlic cloves.
- It’s 3/4 tbsp of optional olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of optional sesame oil.
I have seen many versions of this Chinese steamed egg dish-with mushrooms, a drizzle of soy sauce, clams, crab Now measure out water at the same volume as the eggs, and add it to the bowl. Perfect Chinese Steamed egg is also known as Chinese steamed egg custard. Only with egg, water, salt and some sesame oil, you can make this super smooth custard at Please not be limited by site name, as Elaine shares Chinese recipes beyond Sichuan dishes. Know me more from About Page.
Steamed egg water, typical chinese side dish instructions
- Scrambe the eggs in a bowl..
- Add the warm water to the scrambled eggs..
- Add salt and sugar. Stir everything.
- Now steam the bowl content for 10min. Use a steamer or boil some water in a large pan. The bowl with egg water should easily fit into the pan and the water should not reach more than half the height of the bowl. Place a top on the pan and let it steam at low/medium temperature for 10min..
- Optional: Meanwhile slice the garlic cloves as small as possible and heat up the olive oil in another pan. Add the garlic to the oil and let it stirfry for 30 sec..
- Take out the bowl after 10min of steaming and add the oil with garlic and/or the sesame oil on top of the egg water..
- This side dish can be served next to fish or meat dishes and rice. Bon appetite, eet smakelijk, guten Appetit. Enjoy..
Chinese Steamed Egg – Silky Smooth Custard. Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. The idea of steaming Chinese egg custard is very basic. You simply mix the eggs with water or broth And while the steamed egg custard generally is the same, the dish may not give you that special. Chinese steamed eggs are irresistible and can send you halfway to paradise.