Chinese Baby Back Ribs. I created this baby back ribs recipe as my Father's Day gift to my husband Gary, who loves We are a pork ribs family, and baby back ribs are a true love. Below is a photo of Jack when he was Asian Baby Back Ribs. A sticky, tender Chinese-style rib recipe that you can make on a grill or in the oven.
With this recipe, you will end up with tender, luscious ribs that are savory. Chinese Baby Back Ribs! "My ribs are a real crowd-pleaser! I love ribs, but I've never liked tomato-based sauces. You can have Chinese Baby Back Ribs using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chinese Baby Back Ribs
- You need 2 of racks of baby back ribs.
- Prepare of dry rub.
- Prepare 2 cup of dark brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 3 tsp of 5-spice powder.
- Prepare 1 of zest of 1 lime, 1 orange & 1 lemon.
- Prepare of braising liquid.
- Prepare 2 cup of unsweetened pineapple juice.
- It’s 1 of juice of 1 lime, 1 orange & 1 lemon.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar.
So I developed this sweet and tangy recipe to satisfy my own tastes. These pack a lot of flavor with this recipe. Place ribs in a nonreactive, plastic bowl with a lid. In a separate bowl, combine all other ingredients and mix well.
Chinese Baby Back Ribs step by step
- Mix rub ingredients together well. Place 2 rib racks in large roasting pan. Cover completely with rub mixture. Cover pan with foil and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight (I rub my ribs the day before I want to make them)..
- When ready to cook, bring ribs to room temperature. Pour in braising liquid and cover tightly with foil. Bake in preheated, 250°F oven, for 4 hours..
- Remove from oven. Set rib rack on platter, and pour braising liquids from roasting pan to large sauce pan. Return ribs to roasting pan, bone side up, and place back in oven. Boil the braising liquids, stirring frequently, until reduced by half and thickened into a sauce (about 20 minutes)..
- Brush the bone side of rib racks with sauce and broil for about 3 minutes keeping an eye on them so the sauce doesn't burn. Flip ribs over and brush sauce well over ribs. Broil for 3 to 4 minutes..
Spoon over ribs, cover and shake to thoroughly coat with marinade. Chinese ribs with a sesame crust…one of my better inventions of late. Baby back pork ribs are always a treat, no matter how they're prepared, but when coupled with savory Asian flavors, they make a delicious, winning dish to have with cold drink, or some stir-fried baby bok choy or garlicky broccoli as. The baby back ribs form the rib bones of the pig closest to the loin, which boasts ultra-tender cuts like the tenderloin. Because of their proximity to the loin, baby back ribs are fall-off-the-bone tender when cooked properly.