Mom's 70s Chinese Pepper Steak. Beef top sirloin steak is sliced across the grain for tenderness, coated in a sweet-and-savory soy sauce marinade, then quickly stir fried with fresh green pepper, onion, and tomatoes. Reviews for: Photos of Chinese Pepper Steak. Easy Chinese Pepper Steak will quickly become a family stir-fry favorite.
Also anyone can create their own my recipe Chinese Pepper Steak. This recipe is Induction friendly ONLY if you leave out the sherry. I'll tell you up front I'm extremely salt sensitive and I use. You can cook Mom's 70s Chinese Pepper Steak using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mom's 70s Chinese Pepper Steak
- Prepare of sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of soy sauce.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of beef bullion.
- It’s 1/4 cup of water.
- You need 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
- You need of Ingredients.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of sirloin steak, 1 inch thick, cut into thin 2 inch long strips.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, crushed.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 3 medium of green bell peppers, julienned.
- You need 2 medium of onions.
- It’s 1 of 6-ounce can of water chestnuts, drained.
- Prepare 4 of green onions, chopped.
Pepper Steak is a popular Chinese American stir fry dish. It appears to be inspired by black pepper beef, a Chinese dish featuring beef, bell peppers and onions cooked in a strong black pepper flavored sauce. The American version is not spicy and does not use as much black pepper spice in the sauce. Mom`s Cooking Adventure Thanks for watching!
Mom's 70s Chinese Pepper Steak step by step
- Add the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl and mix well. Set aside..
- Sprinkle the strips of sirloin with the ginger powder and black pepper. Mix by hand to coat evenly. Set aside..
- In a skillet or wok, heat the oil and garlic over medium high heat for about 5 minutes to allow the garlic to infuse with the oil..
- Add the seasoned strips of sirloin to the hot oil and stir fry until you no longer see any pink on the beef. About 5 minutes. Remove the meat to a bowl and set aside..
- Now add the peppers and water chestnuts to the hot oil and stir fry for about 4 minutes..
- Next, add the onion and continue stir frying until the onions are translucent..
- Add the sirloin back in and give it a couple of stirs. Before you add the sauce, give it a stir because the cornstarch will have settled to the bottom. Stir the sauce into the meat and veggies. Raise the heat and continue stirring until sauce thickens..
- Turn off the heat and toss in the green onion pieces. Give it a couple of stirs..
- Serve hot over rice with plenty of sauce..
Please Subscribe for more fun videos! I never knew this was a "Chinese restaurant" dish. It's something my mom always made. I haven't been able to find the right recipe, but. Mom used to make this Chinese pepper steak when I was a kid.