Chinese Style Macaroni.
You can cook Chinese Style Macaroni using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chinese Style Macaroni
- You need 3 cup of macaroni.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of sesame oil.
- You need 2/3 of inch ginger root, minced (~2 tbsp).
- It’s 1 large of stalk of celery diced.
- Prepare 1/2 of red pepper diced.
- It’s 1 of onion, diced.
- You need 1/2 lb of ground pork.
- It’s 1/2 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 1 cup of bean sprouts (or to preference).
- You need 1 small of can of beef broth.
- You need 1 cup of soya sauce, divided.
- You need 1/2 of lemon, the juice of.
- You need 3 tbsp of flour mixed with 4 tbsp of cold water.
Chinese Style Macaroni step by step
- Cook macaroni (or choice) pasta as directed.
- While pasta cooking, heat sesame oil over medium-high heat in a wok or large frying pan.
- Add chopped onion, red pepper and celery, cook until onion becomes translucent (turn heat to medium if veggies start to brown and keep stirring!), remove veggies from pan and set aside.
- Add ground beef and pork (or choice) to same pan used for veggies, cook over medium-high heat until browned.
- When meat browned (drain if desired i don't though–yes i know that's bad for u, i do it anyways) add bean sprouts, garlic and ginger, return veggies to the pan, add beef broth, lemon juice and 1/2 of the soya sauce, bring to boil over medium high heat then add the water with flour, mix well and continue mixing over high heat until starts to thicken slightly.
- By now the macaroni should have been ready for awhile, turn down pan to medium, start adding the drained macaroni a bit at a time mixing well between each addition, add more soya sauce as desired ( I used the whole cup in the end because we really like it).
- Serve with @MMOBRIEN s Mike's Spicy Plum Sauce (I did 'cuz i wanted to make homemade plum sauce and it was fabulous!!) https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/351853-mikes-spicy-plum-sauce.