Chinese Almond Tofu. Chinese Almond tofu can be vegan friendly if milk is replaced by soy milk or almond milk. For the almond, Chinese bitter almond is recommended for reducing the hot of the body in summer hot days. My experience of almond tofu (also known as almond jello or almond jelly) is basically the 'free' dessert that Chinese restaurants give you at the end of the meal.
Annin tofu is a soft jellied dessert made of amongst other things agar and sugar and we. Almond tofu food & almond tea, like almond tofu baby you long-awaited tutorial out! Fragrance moisturizing cardiopulmonary long-term moderate consumption of. You can have Chinese Almond Tofu using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chinese Almond Tofu
- It’s 1 cup of almond milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of warm water.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 3 grams of agar strips.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sugar.
For vegan/vegetarian, stick with agar-agar powder. Chinese almond powder is not made from almond nuts, but from apricot kernels, which is confusingly often translated to almond. Almond tofu, also called annin tofu and almond pudding, is a jelly made with apricot kernel milk and gelatin. The Chinese characters for apricot and almond are the same, so the concept of almond milk.
Chinese Almond Tofu step by step
- If you use almond directly, soak the almond with clean water for around 2 to 3 hours until soft. If you use almond flour, mix the flour with water to make almond milk..
- Transfer soaked almond and add enough water together in soy milk maker or food processor to make almond milk..
- In a small bowl, soak the agar strips with water to cover and soak for 10 minutes. Then discard the soaking water and transfer the agar strips to a pot, add sugar and 1 cup of water; Heat until dissolve and completely melted..
- Place milk, almond milk in the pot, brings all the content to a boiling with slow fire. Continue stirring in the process until all the ingredients are mixed and well combined..
- Filter the mixture through a fine mesh strainer and transfer the mixture into a large container or some small containers. Remove any bubbles floating on top. Set aside to cool down..
- Keep in fridge until cold and then cut into cubes. Serve with jam, fresh fruits or sweet-scented osmanthus..
Chinese Almond tofu–Famous Chinese dessert using agar, almond milk or milk; Look similar to tofu with. The name Almond Tofu is a little misleading as gelatin is used to solidify almond mixture as opposed to the salt used in traditional tofu production. Chinese Almond Powder apricot kernel powder, be sure not to confuse this with regular almond Add the milk and mix. Add the almonds to the pan when the tofu is nearly completely crispy. Are you looking for a great, light dessert?